I had an extra chocolate brownie mix laying around and found this amazing fall-themed Pecan Pie Brownies Recipe on FoodDotCom’s Instagram. The process was more complicated than their 1-minute video but they turned out to be my best brownies yet.
- 9×9 baking dish
- Medium saucepan
- Parchment paper
- 1 Package of Chocolate Brownie Mix – I used Stonewall Kitchen Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie Mix which requires parchment paper, 2 large eggs, and 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 Cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup of dark corn syrup
- 1/2 Cup of Real Canadian maple syrup
- 3 Large eggs
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups of large pieces of chopped pecans
- Pinch of kosher salt
Pecan Pie Brownies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×9 inch square baking pan with nonstick spray, line with parchment paper leaving an overhang on the sides, then spray parchment paper.
- Prepare chocolate brownie batter according to package instructions and bake.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup, real Canadian maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, pecans, and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon pecans over brownies in an even layer, then bake until topping is just set, about 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature, then cut into squares to serve.
Do you like the combination of pecan pie and brownies?
Let me know.
2 thoughts on “Pecan Pie Brownies Recipe”
YUM – those look so good!!
Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin
Thank you Jenna! I really recommend giving the recipe a try!