Two weeks ago, I was invited to experience high tea at a luxurious hotel downtown with my friends. The evening was unforgettable and filled with beautiful loose leaf tea, flakey pastries, and lovely company. While outfit planning for the event I asked myself “What would Marie Antoinette wear in 2017?” I wanted my outfit to be classy and elegant, yet finely balanced between smart and casual. After a lot of thought and trying on, I came up with this pale pink and black Parisian theme. Also, if you are going to be outside for more than a few minutes take a warmer jacket because it isn’t a particularly warm outfit.
- Sweater – Zara Parisian Styled Cardigan in Pale Pink (Similar): This cardigan was my first-ever purchase from Zara. I love the pale pink colour, the Parisian style, and the way it drapes over my shoulders.
- Top – Forever 21 Lingerie Top in Pale Pink and Black (Similar): I purchased this top from Forever 21 two years ago before the lingerie-outerwear trend became popular. In fact, when I wore it two years ago my friends thought the top was kind of daring. My favourite part about it is the black lace that really pulls the whole outfit together.
- Pants – Levi’s 721 High Rise Skinny Jeans in Black Sheep: Since 2010, the only place I’ve ever shopped for jeans was at American Eagle Outfitters. However, a couple of months ago I needed new jeans and wanted to try Levi’s because they never go out of style. I’m glad I tried something new because I now own three pairs of Levi’s that I’m crazy about!
- Earrings – Tiffany & Co. Return to Tiffany’s Silver Studs (Similar)
- Watch – Michael Kors Ladies Parker Two-Tone Glitz Watch
- Shoes – Aldo Ankle Booties in Black (Similar)
- Handbag – Forever 21 Quilted Crossbody in Black (Similar)
The Makeup Look
- Primer – Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Foundation – Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Porcelain
- Concealer – Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment + Concealer in Fair
- Contour – Stila Shape & Shade Custom Contour Duo in Light
- Under Eye Powder – Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent
- Powder – M.A.C. Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus
- Highlight – BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone
- Blush – Tarte Tarteist Blush Palette in the Mauve Matte Shade (Similar)
- Eyeshadow Primer – Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Eyeshadow – Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: I applied in the inner corners Bootycall, on the crease Half Baked, on the outer crease Chopper, and on the outer lid Foxy.
- Eyeliner – Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
- Mascara – Covergirl LashBlast Volume in Very Black
- Eyebrow Pencil – L’Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer in Brunette
- Eyebrow Gel – NYX Tinted Brow Mascara in Brunette
- Lipstick – Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme in Kiss Kiss Bang: Instead of wearing my everyday nude lipstick, I went with a rosy pink shade from Marc Jacobs. If you are wanting to invest in a luxury lipstick I totally recommend Marc Jacobs lipsticks because of their pigmentation, packaging, and colour selection.
- Setting Spray – Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix: While driving to my friend’s house I realized that I forgot to use a setting spray! Thankfully my best friend let me steal a couple of spritz from her Makeup Forever one and it helped my makeup last throughout the night.
What would you wear to high tea?
Let me know in the comments!