Birthdays can make you emotional and reflective of your past. Last week, I turned 23 and had a lovely time celebrating with family members and friends in the evening. However, when I woke up in the morning I needed extra inspiration and began to list things that I learned about myself and others at 22.
22 Things I Learned at 22
- You can be alone but not be lonely.
- If you don’t promote your work, there is a chance no one will see it.
- Silence is more powerful than filler words.
- Respect your own privacy, don’t overshare.
- Reach out to people you care about before it’s too late.
- It is better, to be honest, and vulnerable with your feelings than closed off.
- If you want to see friends more often, start planning events.
- Take a lot of deep breaths when feeling overwhelmed.
- Push yourself to do better and be better.
- Exercise frequently, it will dramatically improve your life.
- Follow the mantra “quality over quantity.”
- Listen to a lot of music and dance to it.
- If you like the way someone looks, or what they have, or what they do – compliment them.
- Real engagement on social media is better than fake engagement.
- A good cup of coffee each morning can bring you such joy.
- Invest in skincare and stick to a routine. Not only will your skin look better but your makeup will too.
- Ask for assistance when you need it.
- Think simpler, it will make your life less complicated.
- Break your old habits by reinforcing your good habits.
- Be picky, want the best for yourself.
- Read what you want and what you like.
- Happiness can be found in simplicity.
Which number is your favourite on the list?
Let me know in the comments bellow!
22 Things I Learned at 22 Click To Tweet