While searching Valentine’s Day recipes on Pinterest, I was inspired by Lifestyle by Leah’s Rice Krispie Valentine Hearts and wanted to re-create a simpler version of the recipe. Instead of using candy melts, I used traditional cake icing to decorate and trace the shape of the hearts. They were easy to make and provided a lot of fun for my family and me.
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 package of JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 6 cups of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 tube of Cake Mate pink icing
- 20 candy pearls
Rice Krispie Heart Recipe
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into a 13×9 2-inch pan coated with butter.
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut the Rice Krispies out.
- Decorate with pink icing and candy pearls.
- Let the Rice Krispie hearts slightly harden and enjoy!
Do you like Valentine’s Day baking?
Whether it’s homemade or made from a box, baking is always made with love.
Happy Valentine’s Day!