A couple of weeks ago for Mother’s Day, I made my mom chocolates cupcakes with vanilla icing and wrote her a meaningful letter instead of giving her a meaningless material item. When choosing a recipe, I decided to go with the theme of unconditional love and used pink baking cups, pink pearl cupcake candies, and sparkly foam hearts. They were a huge success and I wanted to share them with you this mistake-proof recipe!
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 can of Betty Crocker Whipped Vanilla Icing
- 24 baking cups
- 1 can of pink cupcake pearl candies
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
Classic Boxed Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place baking cups into a cupcake tin.
- Blend Duncan Hines Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix, 1 cup of water, 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, and 3 large eggs in a mixer and set at low speed for 30 seconds until moistened. Then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into baking cups and bake for 18-21 minutes.
- Cool in cupcake tin for 10-15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cupcakes with Betty Crocker’s Whipped Vanilla Icing and place pink cupcake pearl candies in the desired pattern.
Do you like boxed chocolate cupcakes?
Let me know in the comments!
1 thought on “Classic Boxed Chocolate Cupcake Recipe”
I like boxed mixes for them lazy days! The ones you made are so cute, Laurel! 🙂