Winter is one of those seasons that sticks around longer than it should and needs to be updated with trends that reflect the drastic temperature changes. Winter trends, particularly in January, are all about re-inventing yourself and adding life to your wardrobe with bright colours and different materials. Here are the six trends of the season!
Warm Winter Coats
Being from Canada, parkas are always a trend in the winter as everyone takes out their Canada Goose jackets from the closet. However, this year instead of just wearing the subtle fur hood people are taking a more glamorous route and wearing full-on fur and faux fur jackets. I personally blame this trend on the character Chanel from Scream Queens.
- Willow & Clay Faux Fur Jacket ($109)
- Cupcakes and Cashmere Synder Faux Fur Jacket ($150)
- Cole Haan Asymmetrical Down Coat With Faux Fur Trim (On Sale $319)
January is the month where everyone tries to stick to their New Year’s resolutions! The most common New Year’s resolution is working out and what gets people motivated to hit the gym? Cute workout clothes.
- Nike Pro Indy Dry-Fit Sports Bra (On Sale $29)
- Adidas Original Trefoil Sweatshirt ($55)
- Zella Hatha High Waist Crop Leggings ($59)
Burnt Orange and Red Eyeshadows
If you are courageous enough to put your Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palettes aside, burnt oranges and red eyeshadows are all the rage. These rustic colours are bold, sensuous, and really suit brunettes and people with brown eyes. There is a catch, though… You’ll need to purchase high-end eyeshadows in these colours because red pigmentation has a really hard time with good colour payoff.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette ($42)
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette ($49)
- Charlotte Tilbury Color Coded Eyeshadow Palette in The Vintage Vamp ($71)
Winter is the time to amp up your skincare routine and moisturize! This includes going through the process of finding new serums, oils, and creams that suit your skin’s needs. There is something out there for everyone but your best bet it to check out Sephora’s skincare bestsellers and grab yourself a sample.
- Simple Cleansing Micellar Water ($8)
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate ($46)
- Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment ($105)
Durable Winter Boots
I’m not sure if you all feel the same way but I’m really happy that UGG boots are not in style anymore. It’s not that they weren’t warm or fashionable it’s because the upkeep and care of the UGG boots with the salt and the snow became extremely expensive. That is why I am all about durable boots made out fine leathers and materials like L.L. Bean boots that last multiple winters looking new!
- L.L. Bean Bean Boots ($119)
- Dr. Martens 1460 W Boots ($140)
- Frye Jordan Strappy Knee Boot (On Sale $199)
Stick to your schedule in the most fashionable way possible with a watch! Watches are a productive piece of jewelry that will stop you from checking your phone for the time all the time.